Monday, November 10, 2008

Our Surprise Visitor


....was Joe's sister Brandy! What is happening to the world when Joe's family comes to see us. I think it's one of the "signs" haha. It has been 4 years since I saw her. I had run into her at the park on one of our visits to WA. That sounds crazy to most of you I am sure but Joe does not keep in touch with his family. If they call he'll talk but you will never catch him calling or emailing them. The last time Joe and the kids saw her was probably 8 years ago. And when Joe and his sister got together last night... the stories they tell...you know why. His family was a mess. That compounded with distance leads to not many family reunions. It was fun to see her and have my kids meet her. She was Indiana visiting a friend (altogether another story) and she called Saturday to let us know she was there and I thought wow you are close (state wise) but how close? Turned out she was only about 2 hours away so Sunday after church she came over. She stayed all afternoon and the kids had fun with someone from dad's family being around. It happens soooooo rarely. All in all it was a great time. So Brandy if you get on here.... it was great having you and we should do it again soon.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I am LOVING the slippers.... I love the yard and all the cosumes, I love how Alison dressed the body, that would have been Maycie... TOO CUTE!!!!!