Wednesday, December 26, 2012

12 Days of Kindness Day 12

Day 12 Kindness: Call Grandparents

To be fair we cheated with this one. It's Christmas Eve and we always talk to my parents. It's the best! We do a conference call with all the kids on the phone and my dad reads the Christmas Story out of the Bible. Then the grand kids open their presents from each other. Send their thank yous and love yous. It's a nice way to end Christmas Eve. 

We love you all and hope you had a very Merry Christmas. We had a great time doing these act of kindness. It's nice to go out of your way to make others feel a little better. Life is tough enough! Don't be the person that makes it worse. 

Have I Done Any Good?

 Have I done any good in the world today?
Have I helped anyone in need?
Have I cheered up the sad and made someone feel glad?
If not, I have failed indeed.
Has anyone’s burden been lighter today
Because I was willing to share?
Have the sick and the weary been helped on their way?
When they needed my help was I there?

[Chorus]
Then wake up and do something more
Than dream of your mansion above.
Doing good is a pleasure, a joy beyond measure,
A blessing of duty and love.

There are chances for work all around just now,
Opportunities right in our way.
Do not let them pass by, saying, “Sometime I’ll try,”
But go and do something today.
’Tis noble of man to work and to give;
Love’s labor has merit alone.
Only he who does something helps others to live.
To God each good work will be known.

No comments: