Friday, December 14, 2012

12 Days Of Kindness Day 1

Every year I try to do something that will help my children to know of the true meaning of Christmas. Well this year I had found some good ideas on 12 Days of Christmas Kindness and decided to run with it. Whats fun is that some of the kids friends are getting into it as well. So we draw what the kindness will be the night before since Kelsey and Jon leave for Seminary before Alison and Josh are even up. Then that evening we discuss what we did!

DAY 1 KINDNESS: 
Forgive Someone

“Of You It Is Required to Forgive”

A spirit of forgiveness and an attitude of love and compassion toward those who may have wronged us is of the very essence of the gospel of Jesus Christ. Each of us has need of this spirit. The whole world has need of it. The Lord taught it. He exemplified it as none other has exemplified it. (President Gordon B Hinckley)

The kids mostly shared stories about someone bumping into them or a teacher erasing something they had drawn on the board. Silly little things. However mine ended up being a little bigger and I had started off SO ANGRY! You know how you just feel it radiating and taking over?! I remembered I needed to "forgive someone" today. I did. Simple. Just let it go and the weight literally lifted. I could have carried it around with me all day. Let it fester. It would have continued into the evening and possibly much longer and my whole day and their whole day would have been ruined. I just let it go. It was amazing. So maybe the forgiving was for me. But it was great!!

No comments: